Introducing Our New Sports MBA Program Coordinator!
Our staff here at the SDSU Sports MBA program has doubled! We are excited to introduce Amanda Gill as our new Program Coordinator. Amanda graduated Endicott College in May with a degree in Sport Management. During her time in Massachusetts she worked for the Boston Cannons of Major League Lacrosse and the Boston Bruins (NHL).
- Hometown: Carlsbad, CA
- Degree: Bachelors of Science, Sport Management
- College: Endicott College (Beverly, MA)
- What made you want to pursue a career in sports: I always tell people that my father is the one who got me into sports. I have two brothers who are not sports fanatics so I think my father realized I was his last hope to have someone in the family to talk sports with. From there it became a true passion-nothing makes me happier than stepping out on a baseball field or at an event I’m organizing. I get that rush, that shot of adrenaline every time and that’s what keeps me coming back.
- Favorite Sports Movie: When The Game Stands Tall or The Blind Side (a constantly quoted movie in my house). Also Friday Night Lights may be the greatest television show of all time.
- Favorite Sporting Event Attended: This one is tough because I had the opportunity to work both the 2016 NHL Winter Classic at Gillette Stadium and the 2016 Boston Marathon, as well as attend all three days of the 2016 MLB ALL Star Game. If I had to choose, I would say the 2016 Boston Marathon. Watching the city cope with the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings has been both heartbreaking and heartwarming. The city truly comes together on Patriots Day in support of the runners of the marathon; it is hard not to feel truly “Boston Strong” watching the runners cross the finish line.
- Favorite thing to do in San Diego: My perfect days in San Diego are spent driving the Coast Highway 101 down, picking up the world’s best Mexican food, heading down to Seaport Village, and then going to Petco Park to catch a game.
- What do you miss most about Boston: What I miss the most are the seasons. Seeing the leaves change colors and the city blanketed by snow are two the most beautiful things to me.
Amanda can be reached at algill (at) sdsu.edu